My screen will not work.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crowl1jt, Feb 9, 2009.

1. crowl1jt macrumors newbie

My screen on my iphone 2g will not work. I cracked the screen and it still worked. I ordered a new outer screen on ebay and tried to replace it. While getting the old cracked screen off the touchscreen i gouged the screen a little bit. Is there any other reason besides this that my screen would not be working? Could I have hooked something up wrong?

Also, when taking out my battery I punctured it a little bit, and a little cloud of smoke came out. It still charges and seems to hold a charge fine. Should I be worried at all?

2. jlwillia macrumors regular

Seriously? I'd say consider yourself lucky if it still works at all. Should you be worried? Only about having an iPhone that doesn't work and is unable to be fixed, I guess...

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on electronic components, but even a layperson can take an educated guess that you would be lucky to have a working phone after this treatment...

3. crowl1jt thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I didn't ask this to get bashed. I dont know if you have ever taken your phone apart but it is pretty hard. I was being careful as possible. Anyways, I really need if the only solution is to buy a whole new screen and digitizer.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Bite the bullet and get a new phone. Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing if you have to ask a forum.

5. crowl1jt thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jlwillia macrumors regular

Hey man, I'm not trying to bash you at all. I think it shows tenacity and determination to have not given up on it at this point. I hope you can find some way to fix it!

Is there any way we can see pictures? I've seen some people do pretty crazy things on their own in these forums before, so I'm sure someone has some ideas for you. Some pictures might help though...