Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SirChaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Washington State
Hey Everyone,
New to the community here, but I wanted to share a personal experience that thanks to my error it helped enlighten some information about the iPhone 3GS ordering process through AT&T Premier and the results.

Back on June 10th, I pre-ordered 2 lines with 2 iPhones on a brand new family plan with 2 brand new accounts. The order went through and I got an order confirmation e-mail, but over the past few days there were no updates on the Premier site OR on the normal ATT site.

So a few hours ago, I got a lovely e-mail from AT&T Premier stating that there is a problem with my credit card and they could not charge the order. They were trying to charge my card today BECAUSE they were trying to ship the item.

Unfortunately, I was unable to update my credit card because the Premier Department is now closed for evening. I will have to call tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed this story and to all the premier orderers....don't worry...it's coming and you might want to check your CC for any auths.

And....the second moral of the story....make sure you enter information correctly... :)

Have a good one!

SirChaos

GAdawg

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
April?

Did you mean June 10th???
That's unfortunate, but makes me feel good, knowing other premier ppl are getting their phones shipped

yakkonvazn

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
every time I can Premier, 866-499-8008, not att business services, but premier directly, they say it will ship once they get their inventory in. I ordered the 9th. No pending charges in my bank at all.

flapperdink

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2009
that sucks. i called premier yesterday because my order was still showing "in progress" since june 9th. the service rep i talked to seemed to have given me a "response sheet" answer and say the phone will ship 7-10 days after my order, which he said it should ship on the 19th, but he wasn't certain. oh well...if it doesn't come on the 19th the world isn't over.

i did ask him to make sure all the payment info was in there, because my wife noticed that the order was pending on her account all last week, and this past saturday the charge dropped off and hasn't shown up since. he did say everything is in there for them to process the order and i should know within the next day or two when i will be getting my phone.

i assume the premier process is quite different in that AT&T has to receive the iphones, process per their orders, and then ship out. i don't think they're like apple or regular, consumer AT&T in which a phone is reserved for at manufacturing facility shipping dock.

i am a little frustrated on how AT&T handles its so-called "premier" customers. all i ask is to be kept in the loop on what is going on. AT&T should know darn well that consumer customers are getting shipping tracking info while their "premier" customers are in the dark. i guess this is supposed to make-up for the $20/mo discount i get through my employer? :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.