My setup is FINALLY complete!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Montie Da Champ, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Montie Da Champ macrumors member

Well everybody. I've saved and saved and saved and finally, I can say I have fully satisfied my setup needs. Previously, I was in my closet, a secluded get-away pretty much. I wanted to move my Mac out into my main room, where I could then make it a media center also. I have a 24" iMac 2.8ghz 4gb 320gb and I wanted to utilize the massive screen and great processor to watch television and movies with. Also, I run a Web Design company.

The things I wanted to buy was this, in order:

iMac 24"
    500gb external mybook
    18x external dvd/rw
    Ikea Fredrik desk
    iTower Omega speakers (for iphone, and took hook to computer)
    Griffin Powermate
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Epson r280 Printer
    EyeTV Hybrid
    Logitech diNovo Edge

Currently I'm still awaiting shipment on the printer, eyetv, and dinovo. as I have purchased them in the past few days. What do you think? Once I get everything all set up, I will post a ton of pictures!

By the way: the Fredrik desk is a godsend. it comes with a wire organizer, where most power bricks fit in, so i stuff all of my rats nest into there, so i have a very clean setup too.

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Sounds good. Those Ikea desks really are good. Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance.

Also, how does the keyboard work with the mac? I noticed on the Logitech website it says Windows only. I used to have the Bluetooth MX1000 keyboard and mouse set. The mouse was fine but kept cutting out and the keyboard was OK but non of the media keys (touch sensitive volume control) etc work.

If you are after a media centre then maybe look at the Logitech universal remotes?

3. Montie Da Champ thread starter macrumors member

Well, I haven't received the diNovo yet as stated in my original post, but the reviews have stated that the dinovo worked great with a Mac. A little third party software allowed for customizing of buttons.

And I will be sure to post pictures! I would post now but I don't want to spoil the surprise from when I get my new things!

The eyetv will also be used to play xbox 360 too, so that also was a plan for the media center.

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

How is the dinovo? Does it type nicely?

5. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have an eyeTV hybrid too, they are great. I haven't tried out the game options yet, it will be interesting to see the quality. The new software, eyeTV 3 is spot on, you will enjoy that. It is just a shame Apple won't allow 3rd party manufacturers to make plug-ins for Front Row.

The one problem I have is the lack of dual tuner, you can not watch one thing and record another. I heard that this has been updated, is that the case?

6. Greencardman macrumors 6502

I think you need to add "Muhahahahaha!" after your title to get the full effect of your accomplishment across :)

7. Montie Da Champ thread starter macrumors member

Hm! a muahahahaha would work pretty nice here

and@ the guy who asked about the diNovo, i still haven't gotten it! i'm awaiting shipment of the dinovo, the eyetv, and also the printer!

8. sowillo14 macrumors regular

Way to go man. Feels good when you save up for it and finally get it doesn't it?:) Now let's see some pics!!!

9. Montie Da Champ thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it definitely does! I'm afraid to post my setup, I want to wait until I get everything but I feel compelled to post it! It will look so much better with the diNovo!