Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
What do you guys think about a pill that would effectively kill a person's sex drive while they take it. Then when he or she meets that special someone, they would stop taking the pill.

Guys, can you imagine your productivity level? I mean, when that hot office worker walks by, you can still concentrate on your work...!

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I think that sexual attraction is an important part of what makes the right person the right person, and so you'd likely never find them if you were on this kind of a pill.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Endocrinological drugs do funky things, such drugs exist but they cause (in men) things like:

genital shrinkage
liver failure
loss of muscle mass
breast growth
needing to pee every 5 seconds
psychotic depression
jaundice
ireversable infetility
blood clotting
fluid retention
heart failure
pulmonary embolism
liver necrosis
optic atrophy

and finally; death.

Those are just a few, but if you take these drugs you won't have a boner in the showers ever again, or any other situation for that matter.

Is it that hard to keep control guys?  And what's wrong with the old fashioned way of taking care of it exactly?

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
...Then when he or she meets that special someone, they would stop taking the pill...when that hot office worker walks by, you can still concentrate on your work...!

So, in my case i probably wouldn't have met that hot office worker and gone out with her!
No, i'l pass on such a pill, thanks. :)

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
Endocrinological drugs do funky things, such drugs exist but they cause (in men) things like:

genital shrinkage
liver failure
loss of muscle mass
breast growth
needing to pee every 5 seconds
psychotic depression
jaundice
ireversable infetility
blood clotting
fluid retention
heart failure
pulmonary embolism
liver necrosis
optic atrophy

and finally; death.

Those are just a few, but if you take these drugs you won't have a boner in the showers ever again, or any other situation for that matter.

Is it that hard to keep control guys? And what's wrong with the old fashioned way of taking care of it exactly?

Uh, yea, my hypothetical pill won't cause any of that... wow, someone has got to be in bad shape in order to take those pills.

As far as taking care of it yourself, it just gets old...

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Having a sex drive helps increase productivity, I think. Especially if you sublimate that energy into what you're doing.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Try Wellbutrin...

Stay soft for the rest of your life™
And stay focused too! :p
Um, not that it really matters in the context of this thread or anything, but my understanding is that Wellbutrin has little to no impact on sex drive, part of why it has/ had become so popular.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Um, not that it really matters in the context of this thread or anything, but my understanding is that Wellbutrin has little to no impact on sex drive, part of why it has/ had become so popular.
For me it did.

Like majorly.
I stopped it after about 3 weeks and moved back to Prozac.
I had little to no sexual thoughts/desires.
Maybe that+my 30mg Adderall 2x a day did something together...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
We can always send you a free taser to retrain your body, a few dozen jolts to the nuts should have you puking every time a hot babe walks by.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
What do you guys think about a pill that would effectively kill a person's sex drive while they take it. Then when he or she meets that special someone, they would stop taking the pill.

Guys, can you imagine your productivity level? I mean, when that hot office worker walks by, you can still concentrate on your work...!

Point the first: Why on earth would I want to suppress my sex drive? I like (and have liked) being attracted to people sexually. Isn't this generally a good, wonderful thing (assuming you've got a proper head on your shoulders and aren't a complete, manipulative nasty person)? We all come from different places, but I wouldn't want to so actively delimit one of the things that makes me so fundamentally and broadly human.

Point the second: Gendered stereotypes irritate me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.