My Shameless plea to Steve Jobs Re: Iphone reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gascubasteve, Jun 23, 2010.

1. gascubasteve macrumors newbie

This was sent to Steve Jobs pleaing for mercy from the apple gods..

I dont expect a response but it would be nice - and I do expect to get flamed here... :)

Mr Jobs,

On June 15 I thought I had reserved an iPhone 4 32gb phone at your apple store in The Mall of Georgia located just outside of Atlanta. I tried many times just to get one shipped to me and after several hours and tons of frustration I gave up and took the reservation... or so I thought, Now it seems that the screen telling me that I had one reserved was not real and just an error that skipped through part of the process. I have called apple and that store and been told to show up and hope and maybe if I am truly lucky I will get a phone.

The problem is, normally I would just blow it off and order one for the current date July 14 as of this email and just deal with it but my 3gs 32gb was drowned by one of my students on a Certification dive trip the weekend the Iphone4 went on sale, It was killing me to be without it but I figured I could survive til I could get the Iphone4 - it was just 10 days.. now if I am not one of the lucky ones I will have to wait 3 more weeks and be stuck with my old windows based phone.. which is driving me insane-

to make matters worse... I drove a friend of mine to Miami from Atlanta to deal with family issues this past weekend and upon my return (36 hours to Miami and back) I was so exhausted that I did not take the time to clean out my jeep of my priceless items that I take everywhere. I lost my brand new 15" MBP my 64gb 3g Ipad (that I had for a total of 3 days), my Canon 50D DSLR, my broken 3gs, my iPhone 2g, my divelog (which the police found in another car) and my Suunto D9 dive computer... so as u can see I am having a very bad time with electronics...

But all I am asking is that my reservation be honored as I was told from a overloaded website, so that i can one piece of my life go back to normal.

Thank you for your time

Stephen
    Network Engineer (Convert from the PC World)
    SCUBA Instructor

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Wait in the First-Come First-Served line if the iPhone means so much to you. Also, their are worst things in life than not having the latest and greatest gadget right away.

Apple Stores will be opening tomorrow at 7am, I advice you to get there really early to wait in line.

3. rmwhite macrumors member

Fixed that for you.

4. kokesh macrumors regular

looks like you're trying to get some free stuff. Otherwise why would you write that big long paragraph about how you were inept?

5. outphase macrumors 65816

I have nothing productive to add other than it's badass you really are a Scuba Steve :)

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I think maybe the phone is the last of your worries...

Also you may want to erase your last name.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

thank you for that correction, now it makes better sense.

OP, you should've been like this guy that didn't get his pre-order in on time. He's been waiting an entire week.

[​IMG]

9. gascubasteve thread starter macrumors newbie

no just want one thing that i was told I would get... the ability to BUY a new phone... since I using my realy old pos windows based phone that sux ass.. I dont want anything free.. just want to give apple money... everthing else is covered by insurance.. lets see some steal all of your gadgets (not really I use them for work) and see how you feel when someone says your using it to get free stuff.. all I want is a phone that works and I am fully willing and capable to pay for it....:mad:

10. dzaam macrumors newbie

HAHAHAHAHA this is just awesome dude. How do you guys come up with ways to totally jack a thread. This is a perfect zinger lol!!! A+

11. gascubasteve thread starter macrumors newbie

read the whole post and then make the comment.. I reserved one.... and now like thousands of other people, we are being told we are out of luck... step off your little high and mighty platform... and its advise not advice..