my signal bars and carrier logo disappeared (SSH mishap)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by culturekiller, Oct 20, 2010.

1. culturekiller macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2009
    I started SSH'ing today, that's how new I am.

I wanted to have an image in place of the AT&T text.

I got it to work, the problem was the image only showed up when I opened apps. The homescreen still had the "AT&T" text.

So I tried something else and now my signal bars and image are gone when accessing apps.

The homescreen fortunately still shows signal and "AT&T" but I'm not sure what went wrong.

edit. so i went into SSH > System > Library > Carrier Bundles > ATT_US.bundle

and i put back in all the original default carrier pngs.

now my signal and AT&T text show whenever i open an app.

NOW, however, my signal and AT&T text are gone from the homescreen.

I know my FSO_ pngs are all ****ed cuz I didnt save them. can anyone give them to me?

Attached Files:

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

Dec 10, 2008
    Northern California
    This is why you use WinterBoard to do this kind of stuff. Either permanently or at least until you actually know what you are doing.

3. culturekiller thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2009
    I actually fixed everything thankfully.

However, my AT&T logo on my homescreen is black when it is normally white on my homescreen.

Do you happen to know what "FSO" means?

As in "FSO_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.png"

and why that is different than "Default_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.png"

i seem to have misplaced the original FSO files, so I pasted all the "Default_pngs" into the FSO folder and just replaced the file names.

That is what helped me gain back my signal and AT&T logo. It just now, however, black.