my signal bars and carrier logo disappeared (SSH mishap)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by culturekiller, Oct 20, 2010.

1. culturekiller macrumors newbie

I started SSH'ing today, that's how new I am.

I wanted to have an image in place of the AT&T text.

I got it to work, the problem was the image only showed up when I opened apps. The homescreen still had the "AT&T" text.

So I tried something else and now my signal bars and image are gone when accessing apps.

The homescreen fortunately still shows signal and "AT&T" but I'm not sure what went wrong.

edit. so i went into SSH > System > Library > Carrier Bundles > ATT_US.bundle

and i put back in all the original default carrier pngs.

now my signal and AT&T text show whenever i open an app.

NOW, however, my signal and AT&T text are gone from the homescreen.

I know my FSO_ pngs are all ****ed cuz I didnt save them. can anyone give them to me?

Attached Files:

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

This is why you use WinterBoard to do this kind of stuff. Either permanently or at least until you actually know what you are doing.

S-

3. culturekiller thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually fixed everything thankfully.

However, my AT&T logo on my homescreen is black when it is normally white on my homescreen.

Do you happen to know what "FSO" means?

As in "FSO_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.png"

and why that is different than "Default_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.png"

i seem to have misplaced the original FSO files, so I pasted all the "Default_pngs" into the FSO folder and just replaced the file names.

That is what helped me gain back my signal and AT&T logo. It just now, however, black.