My sister explains windows in 4 or 5 words. Depends...

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
She recently got a dell laptop after a long time using Macs.
A real casual computer user.

She is using it (17 year old senior in highschool) and she randomly says, "I really dont like windows."
I said, "Why? Slow? Unstable?"
She says, "No, its just not awesome."

...And she got back to myspace.

Kinda made my day.

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
four or five....

"Windows, its just not awesome."

...is a great tag. I also like the "Microsoft Vista, at least they circled the problem this time."

:)

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Interesting, the 12" powerbook was what my sister bought too. Said it was just the right size... its way to small.

What model did she get? Any good? (you know, for a wintel)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
plinkoman said:
so if she had used mac previously, and thought mac os was awesome... why did she get a dell?
My exact thoughts. MacBooks are so much more "awesomer" lookin too. Your sister's logic befuddles me.

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
plinkoman said:
so if she had used mac previously, and thought mac os was awesome... why did she get a dell?
Being a longtime 'mac user', and a casual one at that, she wouldn't have even noticed the awesome OS. It is so easy to use you don't have to think about it.

When switching to the dell she had a point of reference and became aware of the difference...?!

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
plinkoman said:
Because she needed a 12" laptop.

I dont know. When I told her to get a MacBook, she was like "YTE(&fufh" I want this one.

And she bought it and doesnt really like it.
It's an XPS something.