My sister's Macbook gets real hot real easy...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrsir2009, Feb 26, 2010.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

My sister's MacBook gets really hot way easier than my MacBook Pro. Hers is a 2008 pre-uMacBook, and mine is a late 2009 uMacBook Pro. My fans hardly ever kick in even when I'm doing tons of multitasking, but when my sister is hardy doing anything her MacBook's fans sound like a jet engine...

So why is this? The only thing I can think of is that mine has way more heat resisting foam (or whatever you call that foam), and that mines aluminum and hers is plastic... Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!:D:D:D

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

First off, there's no foam inside the aluminum macbooks/macbook pros. Also, you didn't say anything about what sort of tasks you're doing vs. what she's doing. If she's using flash, that's one big thing that'll heat up the computer.

Sure, the whitebooks do get a bit hotter than the Unibody models, but you should check the actual numbers with iStatPro and see the difference if you're that concerned. Also, you can check in Activity Monitor and see if there are any processes under "All Processes" that are sucking up CPU cycles needlessly...they may have hung up and are causing problems.

I find it funny that you're asking this question, yet have a link in your sig about this very topic...

3. unixfool macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHAH!