My Situation...Some Q's About Buying From Apple (Please Help)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by y1919, Jul 31, 2008.

1. y1919 macrumors newbie

OK...The time is getting closer to when I can get an Iphone. I wanted to lay out all my situations to be sure that I have everything in order when I go to get one.

First off, I am on a family plan with my mother as the primary account. I am an authorized user. She is upgrade eligible, I am not. I have an ATT 3G Sim card in my phone, she does not. I want to upgrade her line. This means her current SIM card will be dead and she will have a new one in the Iphone (i think.)

Then I plan on taking it home and switching my sim card into the iphone and putting her new sim card that was in the iphone into her current phone that she has right now. When I get home I plan on doing the old switcheroo of the phone line plans and what not.

What I really need help with is this...I plan on getting this at an apple store. Will my mother have to be present even though I am an authorized user? If not what will I need to bring to successfully get a phone?

Has anyone else tried the switcheroo of the phone line plans and were you successful? I have a friend who did it and it worked but his situation was a little different than mine.

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. sibruk macrumors 6502a

A more descriptive title and a few paragraph breaks might make people more likely to read your post...