My SMS lag is a different problem then most......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by STC, Aug 26, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I did a search and didnt see the same SMS problem I'm having. Ever since I upgraded to 2.0.2 (last night) I noticed when I clicked on the SMS icon on the homescreen there is a 3-4 sec lag before the keyboard pops down, or my other txt msgs show up.

On 1.1.4 there wasnt a lag. Anyone else experience this?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I've seen it a few times. One time the icon was dimmed for a bit before it launched. It's still buggy which is really disappointing.

3. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I noticed that launching ALL apps is slower now, not just the SMS icon. Its amazing that 1.1.4 was so smooth, and now Im noticing all the lag w/ 2.0.2.

4. angelpeach838 macrumors newbie

Quite annoying

Sometimes when someone sends me an SMS and I hit "reply," the keyboard never opens. The whole screen is filled with the conversation. I have to hold down the home key to shut down SMS before it will let me do everything.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

the sticky sweet syrup Apple poured on OS 2.0.x manifests itself in all manner of lag and glitches. It's almost as if no 3 people have the same symptoms.

6. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Same for me. SMS is very slow in starting, and very sluggish when using it.