My solution to "ugly stacks" in Leo

Discussion in 'macOS' started by one1, Jan 11, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I decided that I'd had enough of the ugly stacks so I D/L'ed CandyBar and stopped by http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/ for some new icons.

I ended up getting a layover icon for the stack here: http://t.ecksdee.org/post/19001860

Then after searching around I found quite a few icons I liked for other areas of the computer, but to stick to the topic of stacks. I chose the layover for the stack bases and a spotted folder to use as my default folder for any generic folder so I'd never have an ugly blue folder there. I have several hundred options for the default folder including a glossy black/clear one that I will likely go to soon.

Here's the results. :)

(click for larger image)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikelcroft macrumors regular

Yeah, it's a good solution. :)

Only thing that bothers me is having the icon in the folder, and it popping up every time you click the stack, it really bothers me. >.< I'm obsessive like that.

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand completely. Perhaps we can put a . in front of the name and make it invisible in the folder, but still find a way to make it show up in the dock since it is showing the contents of the folder.......

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope, good solution 2 days ago when I did it. Your smart elic response doesn't change it's newness to me. :) ;)

Since I did it in candybar, I did it a little differently than drag and drop. This allowed me to make some other changes to it's overall appeal. Hope someone else benefits from it.

6. MrGeePee macrumors regular