My speakers are not buzzing!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Salty Pirate, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

I just noticed that when I plug my bose companion speakers in to my MBP and jam, my iphone 3G is sitting my desk for over two hours and no GSM buzz berp berp berp!!!!!!!

Anyone else notice this???

BTW, my battery life rocks. I was up to 1 am trying to kill it so I could calibrate, it took forever! Voice quality is way better.:eek:

Very happy with my new 16GB black iphone! Worth the 4 hour wait on friday.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Welcome to 3G goodness. :) because 3G uses WCDMA, a different signaling method from the older GSM/EDGE, one side effect is there won't be any speaker buzz in 3G mode.

Be aware though, that if you turn off 3G or otherwise fall back to GSM, the speaker buzz will return until you go back to 3G.

3. Salty Pirate thread starter macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

Well whatever it is, I am so happy.

It seems apple really learned a lot over this first year. Could not be happier with my iphone.

4. meglet macrumors member

meglet

I noticed this the day I got my new phone, and it seems to be somewhat related to having Wi-Fi on. I never used the Wi-Fi on my old iPhone, but I have left it turned on for the new phone. I'm not getting buzzing at all, even though I only get Edge reception at my house and not 3G. If I turn Wi-Fi off, the speakers buzz again.