Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jared Penner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
I just installed windows 7 ulitimate on my iMac using boot camp. I finished all the set up that goes with installing and once i came to the desktop i heard white static noise, and some pops every now and then.
I can still play music and watch youtube. but the crackle is still in the background.

Sesshy

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
It's a shot in the dark, but under the sound control panel properties, double-click on your speakers to open up the settings window, and check "disable all enhancements" under the enhancements tab. Sometimes I find that this remedies problems with clipping and such. After you've done that, press the "preview" button and see if the test sounds sound alright. If not, I guess I'd assume it's either some obscure driver issue or the speakers suddenly went bad. Which doesn't seem likely.

Jared Penner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
I will give that a try. but i found out today that the speakers are still doing it when i reboot into mac os.

----------

sadly that did not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.