My Speakers Wont Stop Blaring Buzing Noise!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by John Doe 57, Jul 6, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I've had these speakers for 3 years, and all of a sudden out of nowhere, the right speaker just starts buzzing. It sounds like a fly or bee is in my room. If I adjust the volume up, the buzzing becomes louder. I've unplugged and plugged wires back in and nothing seems to help. It happened twice today. The first time is lasted for about 10 seconds and then it stopped or flew away. But now it seems to be permanent!

2. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

And another thing! The 1st time the buzzing started, it happened when I loaded up GTA San Andreas. The 2nd time, it happened when I loaded up Quake 4. It seems to be an issue with the games that I've been playing for months.

3. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Now I've unplugged the Speaker System from my MBP and my internal speaker system inside of my MacBook Pro is BLARING A BUZZING NOISE!!! IT WONT STOP!!! PLEASE HELP!

4. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I just plugged in my iPod headphones and they have a buzzing noise in the right earphone.

The MacBook Pro's right speaker is dtysfunctioning. It only lets out a VERY LOUD BUZZING noise. WHY?!!!!!!!

5. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Sometimes on the new macbook pros the fan is aligned properly and will cause buzzing.

Also, it might be your cellphone if your cellphone is really close to the computer. My phone makes my speakers go nuts.

6. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

The problem was that the game Quake 4 was causing the right speaker to buzz very loudly. I deleted the game and all is good as of now.

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Why don't you take it in and have it looked at?

8. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Well it only happened today. If it does happen again, then I will be on the phone with my most local Mac help store.

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

60 cycle hum? Did you wrap the speaker cables around anything metal? Wrap the power cord around anything metal?