my springboard just crashed... should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saucy1360, Aug 13, 2010.

1. saucy1360 macrumors regular

i was unable to send/receive texts for a little, and my phone said I had almost full 3G. so I restarted my phone and that "sad iPhone" wallpaper came up along with a notification saying how I was in safe mode, etc. so I restarted a few more times and now it's back to normal.

should I restore or does this just happen sometimes?

2. TaterToT macrumors 6502

It should be alright if it's back to normal now. Sometimes crashes just happen.

3. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Or it could be related to a recently installed jailbreak app.

4. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I get a crash once every other day or so, not a big deal. Just respring and it should be fine.

If all else fails, just use safe mode to delete the last thing you installed. Hint: don't install 3 things at once or it becomes difficult to troubleshoot.

5. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

If the problem continues or you experience other weirdness, you probably want to look at what you've got installed. Some apps have problems or cause conflicts. I have tried and ditched several JB apps.

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Its totally normal. I get way too many a day lol.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Mine crashes every time I reboot, without fail. Once I tell MobileSubstrate to respring, it works perfect until the next reboot. No idea what is doing it, but since it is only a very very minor inconvenience, I'll deal :)

Keep in mind, all of what causes these crashes are things that interact/modify with Springboard. Often these are the items that modify the look and feel of the device such as themes or icon layouts.