My Sprint Forever Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by larla, Oct 12, 2015.

1. larla macrumors newbie

I was a long time AT&T customer. My wife started a new contract about 6 months ago with an iPhone 6+ and I had just started an AT&T Next contract for a Note 4 about 4 months ago.

When I bought a new iPad Air 2 about a month ago I started wishing I was totally back in the Apple eco-system. I am the only Android user in my entire extended family. I knew it was impossible since I had just gotten the Note 4 and no way would I pay that cancellation fee.

Then I saw the Forever ad about 2 weeks ago and thought I would check it out.

After talking with them for about 20 minutes I said to myself: This is all too good to be true. After an hour total time. I had turned in my Note 4 and my wife's iPhone 6+ and received two new iPhone 6+ phones. We will be charged $19/mo for each phone. They gave me the exact same plan as my current AT&T 4Gig rollover plan but at half the price! They also signed me up to receive two prepaid credit cards with $235 for my wife's ETF and $650 for my Note contract buyout. All at 0$ cost to me when I left the store.

A week later they called and said I could order my 6s+ phones which I did. Silver for me and Rose Gold for my wife. I received my 6s+ and my wife should receive hers in less than a week.

I received my first Sprint bill and they also waived the $36 activation fee for each of our phones. So for I am overjoyed at this deal and everything that Sprint promised they have come through on.

PK

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

3. a7thton macrumors member

a7thton

You do, but you got to use the phone for 12 months at ~$20 dollar per month. So, 240 dollars for 12 months of use...never goes out of warranty...always have the newest iPhone.

Not a bad deal, IMHO.

4. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I concur. However, just a forewarning with the sprint deal. Next year when the new models come out, the forever plans can NOT pre-order unless you find a way to trick corporate into giving you an upgrade. The upgrade lines on these phones instantly show " forever " instead of upgrade on the customer service side, so if you ever wanted to use something OTHER than an IPHONE, and actually have a REAL upgrade, they simply won't let you. Just, FYI!

5. dfran1 macrumors regular

Every person I run into that has sprint hates their coverage, I have not met one person in my area that says anything good about their service, I hope your area is covered well.

6. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I'm in a tiny town in south texas, I have sprint, and i get spark coverage, we're about an hour from college station ( A&M ) and we get service almost all the way through austin / houston. I travel a LOT for work, and i've gotten LTE in every city i've visited, even mid michigan, where major cities don't even exist. I think sprint sucks overall, but that's only because their just a horrible company, but when it comes to coverage, i rarely am without, unless im hours from a town / city, in the middle of nowhere.

7. alent1234 macrumors 603

isn't it only the first time you get it for $20 a month because it's dependent on trading a phone in? the next time you won't have a phone to trade in and it will be more expensive.

8. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Correct! they get you reeled in, and at most the rate will stay the same for up to 12 months. Soon after this promotion they came out with a 1/mo promotion if you trade in an iphone SIX from another carrier, they are certainly TRYING to be proactive, but next year they will have a crap load of angry customers who did ( once again ) not read the terms of service, or fine print. Even though sprint told everyone ( WE WILL CHARGE YOU MORE NEXT YEAR ) . I look forward to the complaints.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Exactly, it is a good price for the first year, but as soon as you upgrade next year you are back to paying the then current price.

10. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Back on topic though, the OP was simply saying he had a good experience, and I agree, I have thus far too! I just know it's not going to stay that way.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP, you didn't mention how your service or coverage is. Just that you got good customer service.

Just a few things to note from a former 16 year Sprint customer. Pick one type of customer service and stick with it. Do not mix the types. For example, if you choose to speak with Sprint in store then deal with the in store reps. Do not start talking to in store reps, then decide you will finish up with online or phone.

Sprint's right hand never knows what the left is doing and vice versa. So, when you mix the types of service you will get someone who has no idea what the f*** you're talking about. One type of customer service at a time.

You are an Apple family it appears. Deal with Apple for any service/repairs. Do not deal with Sprint, do not get replacements or repairs through Sprint. Sprint deals with Assurion for that and Assurion is bad news.

Do not expect any further activations to be waived - unless you are a credit union member.

I certainly hope that you get great coverage and speeds wherever it is you are and wherever you go. For us, we had to leave Sprint finally after 16 years. We had too many call failures and in and out calls at home. That was the last straw. We switched to T-Mobile two weeks ago and calls have been rock solid. T-Mobile's 4G is faster than Sprint's LTE at work even. Go figure!

Sprint's had three years to get Phoenix, AZ done and they still haven't. It's great in a lot of places out here, but none of them are where I am usually at. Good luck to you with Sprint in your area.

12. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Aside from being locked into a 2 year plan with Sprint a year ago (my fault), I find their service/coverage to be quite well.

13. Lugnutz macrumors member

I'm switching to Sprint. They have Spark in my area. A guy at work who has Sprint showed me his download test on his Sprint network and he was getting consistent 50 gigs down. That was the same as my Verizon. It's a little more spotty at my house but I will use WiFi. If it is too bad, I'll switch to T-Mobile or Cricket. I didn't do the iPhone forever. I want to own the phone so I can switch networks if necessary.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why can't they preorder next year? I'm on the iPhone Forever plan and had no issue preordering this year...

??

15. larla thread starter macrumors newbie

As OP let me say a few things:

1) my main reason for doing this deal was to get a 6s now without paying $650 to get out of my att Note 4 contract. The half price on my plan coverage was just a bonus. Plus paying about half as much a month as I was pay for the Note 4. For my particular situation it was an amazing deal.

2) I live in Houston and coverage has actually been better than ATT. At work I used to get 0 to 1 bars on AT&T and now I get 3 bars on Sprint. Home coverage is about the same.

16. JD08DMAX macrumors member

I did the same thing. Desperately wanted rid of the S6 Edge and owed on it through ATT next. My bill went from 275.00 to 185.00 and we all got new iPhones, so we're happy. With this deal you do not pay the 15.00 per line ever as long as you keep the plan. We chose the 40GB shared plan and that's 2x what we had with ATT.

17. coney718 macrumors regular

Sprint definitely has good deals I just cant deal with their service. Where I am (NYC) they are terrible and have the slowest data out of all the major competitors. Everyone I know that has Sprint hates it but stays with them because of their prices. If their coverage was better I would do it.

18. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Does Sprint guarantee the $20/month price "forever"?

19. TedJustAdmitit macrumors regular

TedJustAdmitit

I am on T-Mobile and am actually considering going to Sprint because Sprint has better coverage in my area. You can't travel when on T-Mobile.

20. coney718 macrumors regular

I have T-mobile now as well, since I've had them I've traveled to Miami, LA and DC and never had any coverage issues. My wife has Sprint and there were plenty of times I've had service when she didn't. I can only recall one time it was the opposite.

21. TedJustAdmitit macrumors regular

TedJustAdmitit

I am in Central Virginia and any time I go anywhere outside of a metro area I hit the Edge. T-Mobile in other bigger markets isn't so bad. DC and above is good, outside of Richmond blows.