Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone experienced this on iPhone XS Max? when i wake/tap the screen, My phone name's carrier name is sliding / moving animation. what's happening is that a bugged? it should be just steady right?
76643712_774439622968575_9176760741066178560_n.jpg

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
No, it's animated. It should slide.

Source: My carrier's name doesn't fit entirely, so that's why it slides. It's not a bug.
I see, as you can see my carrier's name is not that too long, but its finally back to steady when i press the recording screen. weird.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Mine scrolls when I go to VZW WI-FI. At least I'm pretty sure I remember it scrolling... At work I have max reception (two blocks from a tower).

Reactions: Aljon

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like there is no real particular pattern to it -- some have had it do that at times but not other times, and some have never had it while others with the same carrier have.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
u mean it slide animation too? on ur carrier name?

Yep, doesn't happen every time. Noticed it for the first time with my XS MAX - it does it now and then on my 11 Pro Max too. :/ At least I am pretty sure it does. When it happens I notice it and go "oh that's weird" then go for awhile without seeing it again.

Reactions: Aljon

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Yep, doesn't happen every time. Noticed it for the first time with my XS MAX - it does it now and then on my 11 Pro Max too. :/ At least I am pretty sure it does. When it happens I notice it and go "oh that's weird" then go for awhile without seeing it again.
hmm whats the reason that our carrier name does has animation, do you know why? its my first time to encounter it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.