My stock 3GS headphones are already blown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawklight, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hawklight macrumors member

So I have used my headphones that came with the 3GS maybe once since I got the phone on launch day and I plugged them in to use them yesterday and the right earbud is full of static and seems to be blown. Kind of sucks seeing how I didnt even get any use out of them and its nice having the mic/controls on them. :(

2. davyreins macrumors 6502

Yeah my left ear bud blew out on my 3G not too long after I got it. I can still use them but it's a little annoying now.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They should still be under warranty; take 'em back to the Apple Store...:(:(:(

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

LIke the person said, bring them into your apple store. They will check them and replace them on the spot for you. They have hundreds of headphones on call ready for situations like yours

5. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Guys, you don't even need to expend your gas to get new ones. Simply go here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Fill out your information, put in a credit card # (for if they don't get your bad ones returned back to them) and wait the 1 or 2 days it'll take to receive your new ones in the mail...

6. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Stock Apple headphones are terrible! Sound quality is great to me, but durability is simply absent!

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Or you could just ask someone if you can have theirs. I don't use mine, so you might find someone who would just give them to you.

8. Hawklight thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up. I just signed up to have them replaced...saved me a 2 1/2 hour drive to the closest Apple store. Only thing is I read it as they would charge me $29 if I did not return my headphones within 10 days of receiving the new pair, but it seems they are going to charge my card the $29 now until they receive them. Oh well, no big deal I guess.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The sad part is that with all the discontent over the trashy buds, I have yet to see anyone just give them away. I would love to replace the recently washed iPhone buds but I am not paying a dime for them considering how I abuse them myself. It's sad but they fetch at least $15 around here for a new pair.

I use the stocks for the emergency pair in the car and such. However, I had a pair replaced under warranty and went out of town last August forgetting to return them. I had already sat on the return for weeks. I was charged $29. That annoyed me because with my iPod 3G and 4G they happily sent me new earbuds all the time without expecting the "broken" ones back.