My Story AT&T, iPhone stock, docks and more...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Giver '94, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

As we all await the arrival of the newest version of the iPhone, I have an update from AT&T. Not really an update, but I did try to ask the manager about how many phones they will be receiving. He said he wasn't sure, and then gave that "haha, like i would tell you" look. He then preceeded to hand me an iReady sheet, to which I almost burst out in laughter because he wasn't sure if they were "allowed" to hand them out. Keep in mind that this was the manager, not a sales rep. :D Another lady (sales rep) told me that they would in fact have accessories available tomorrow for launch. I then went over to the iPhone display which had no previous gen iPhones (it did have them the previous day, keep in mind), but did have the new docks installed. Then, I hear a lady near me asking about the iPhone (cluelessly) and the sales rep saying stuff like "ya, it's cool. it has a touch screen." Then, the lady's friend comes up and asks if it comes with a stylus, then attempts to explain using multitouch to view pictures. "Ya, I heard that you can like, pinch it, and stuff." (makes retarded pinching gesture) Then she was concerned that the keyboard wasn't a physical slide out keyboard (NO WAY!!!) I think I was on the verge of laughing my ass off and then slapping her for beings so uninformed. She was like one of the people they interviewed outside the Apple store in SanFran a few days ago. Sorry about this post being so long, but i thought that i'd share my story. I have pictures of the iPhone display, the new dock, and the stupid lady asking questions. (BTW, if that lady is a member on this forum, which I doubt, my name is Wayne Newton and I live in Guatemala :D:D)

***Sorry about bad photo quality, taken with my MOTO RAZR:rolleyes:(1 more day!!)

Attached Files:

2. mbaran macrumors regular

valencia, I'm in valencia.

Which store will you be at tomorrow? I'm thinking newhall ranch near Lowes..

No one really knows its there.

-Matt

3. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

16 hrs 42 mins to go for California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

4. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Kool. I didn't even know it was there. LOL! There's a brand new ATT near Corner Bakery and Kohls. It's in that plaza at McBean and Valencia.

5. mbaran macrumors regular

See, no one knows there is one near Lowes.

What time do you think about getting there tonite?

6. backfromtejas macrumors newbie

Stupid lady that was so uninformed?

I know what you said is all in good fun, but I'm sorry, not everyone in the universe knows EVERYTHING about the iPhone and what it does.

Only we on this forum are that crazy that we obsess and go nuts over this one gadget. :)

7. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

You had to be there. She was asking ridiculus questions. She actually asked what brand of phone it was. :D

8. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Aw be nice to the lady! iPhone's a lot of money, if I was gonna buy one and didn't know much about it I'd be sure to ask a lot of questions.

Although she does seem to have a bluetooth headset. Eugh.

9. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I was thinking about getting there at 4:30 AM. Maybe we could meet in person. I'm going to the one i mentioned before, it's brand new and I think is the main ATT store for our area. It replaced the one over near Barnes and Noble. Plus, I can walk there from my house.