Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
MN
Hey Connor, I'd take the clip down and remove my name from it if I were you.
That click is pretty annoying, one of the tech-minded guys round here should know what it is but I'm guessing it's something to do with the HD parking mechanism.

Thanks for letting me know about that! I never would have remembered that itunes put my name on it. But I know it isn't the HD parking mechanism because if I just press around the trackpad on either the left or right side when it gets warm, it makes the sound. It even happens when I am not doing anything!

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
MN
Well, I took it to the apple store and I couldn't make the sound happen even in their back room where it was quiet! The apple guy took off the back plate while it was running and tried to see anything abnormal but everything was fine apparently! I took it home and I've only heard the sound a couple of times now, so I'm just going to ignore it.

supernet33

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
Well, I took it to the apple store and I couldn't make the sound happen even in their back room where it was quiet! The apple guy took off the back plate while it was running and tried to see anything abnormal but everything was fine apparently! I took it home and I've only heard the sound a couple of times now, so I'm just going to ignore it.

I had that sound many times, it's normal for MBP 2010's.
There are many threads on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.