My Survey Was Taken Down :(

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ryanwarner, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ryanwarner macrumors newbie

Thank you to the 50 or so people that managed to reply before my survey was taken down. I'm disappointed.. I wasn't selling anything and everyone was really happy to help! I couldn't even reply to the moderator's message to explain what my research was for. I was going to put together some basic statistics and share them here on the forum :( It would have been interesting.

Is there any way that I can appeal the decision to kill my post?

Ryan.

2. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Contact the moderators using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

4. ryanwarner thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm doing research on iPhone users for school. It was a harmless little survey that asked people a bit about what they did with their phone. People seemed to like it.. and the results would have been interesting!

5. ryanwarner thread starter macrumors newbie

on it! found the 'contact us' at the bottom of the page.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

7. ryanwarner thread starter macrumors newbie

I hear ya hellhammer :) scary pic by the way. Its too bad though.. I wasn't selling or promoting anything.. just doing some school research. I can see why they have that paragraph in the terms of service though.. people would probably abuse the forums to get marketing info.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

10. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Yeah, as far as I can tell personal surveys are fine. It's the ones where it's stated that they're for some sort of school or work research that tend to vanish.

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The survey rule is not new. Surveys for business or school research, which benefit the poster but not forum users, are not permitted. We get many requests to post survey solicitations (and many posted without permission, not all of which are caught). Some might be harmless but some are thinly disguised advertising, and asking the moderators to study each one would be impractical and inherently inconsistent.

Polls related to topics of forum discussion are permitted because they are likely to be of interest to our users.

Links to surveys are treated like links to a user's home page, blog, business site, or products. They are fine in signatures but not in posts. Other users can then choose whether or see or not see them.