iPad mini My sweet spot, ipad mini.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xsquid, May 27, 2015.

1. xsquid macrumors regular

xsquid

I have finally found my sweet spot, an ipad mini. I picked up a mini 2 64 with unlocked cellular for 329 and now this is my go to device. I have big hands and fingers and no longer use my iphone except for calls. For me the mini is the perfect size, I like it better than the full size ipad air 2. I use it more than the mac now. I could see myself going with a dumb phone after having this, I have a vest with an internal pocket the perfect size for carrying it and have no intention of using my phone for games, etc. again. Just had to speak out on how much I like this ipad.*

Disclaimer: I know everyone is different and i am not saying it's perfect for everyone, just me.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I have one and feel it is a great device. I use mine mainly for reading books and .PDF files - I'm old and my eyes aren't what they used to be. You're right, the iPad mini is the perfect size for portability and I'm not afraid to take it out of the house the way I am with my iPad Air 2.

Good choice!

3. xsquid thread starter macrumors regular

xsquid

I'm over 60 and my eyes are not the same either. I get headaches if I use the iphone for gaming very long, this one is perfect. I don't have a full size ipad but I don't see myself getting one. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and the mini seems to bother my hand joints less, again just my situation. Great size, the 7 inchers seem a little small but this one the sweet spot.

4. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I feel the same way you do. I used to have an iPad air and I liked it but I sold it because I needed some extra cash at that time. Just recently decided I wanted to buy a new iPad and I was afraid to go with the iPad mini because I thought it was too small, but since I wanted to get a cellular iPad and I didn't want to spend too much money, I decided to go with the iPad mini, so two weeks ago I got the iPad mini 3 64 GB Verizon And man I love this thing, I don't think it's too small anymore, I think it's the perfect size (at least it is for me). I still use my MacBook, but not as often. I don't think I could go without an iPhone thou because I can't always carry the iPad with me! But I do agree with you, the iPad mini is a great tablet.

By the way, did you get your tablet on a two-year contract? or did you buy it outright?

5. xsquid thread starter macrumors regular

xsquid

I bought it outright from the company that used to be buy.com, Rakuten, off ebay new for 329.00 shipped. It's the sprint model unlocked 64gb.

I would think really hard if I needed a smartphone when the time comes. If so I could settle for a used one at a good price.

6. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

It's perfect for me as well. I only need 16 gig though since I stream videos, and only play a few puzzle games. Perfect size to read my Kindle books as well. I love it.

7. xsquid thread starter macrumors regular

xsquid

My problem is that I'm not always where I can connect so I need a supply of music and games.:)

8. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

That's awesome! I'm glad you saved some money and went with the mini 2 over the mini 3. Pretty good buy for 329 with 64gb and cellular. I personally love my Air 2 but the mini is a phenomenal device. It's completely understandable that a lot of people like the mini better. I like having options in sizes because one size certainly doesn't fit all. I hope your Mini 2 serves you well and you get a lot of enjoyment and use out of it.

9. xsquid thread starter macrumors regular

xsquid

Thank you placidity,

10. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Another big fan of the Mini 2 aka rMini. I use mine all day at work for taking notes with GoodNotes and my finger. I don't use character recognition, but the sub-notebook organization for different projects is WAY better than paper notebooks. Then after hours, at home and on my commute, it's become my primary gaming machine for RPG, action games, etc. I don't even use my console any more, since I can game while sitting on the couch while my wife watches TV. Totally love it.

11. clovehitch macrumors member

clovehitch

I'll be seriously disappointed if a Mini 4 isn't introduced on the 8th.

12. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Prepare to be disappointed. It won't be announced/released until at least October.

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yeah. Apple has never announced a new/revised iPad at WWDC.

14. xsquid thread starter macrumors regular

xsquid

Agreed. I will be very interested but don't see changing mine any time soon unless ios9 messes it up or something. i guess at some point I could get the 4 later on and give my 2 to the youngest to replace his 1.:) Good excuse for upgrading at some point.

----------

I agree and some were saying it would fail, no market. I like it more every day, perfect size for me.

15. clovehitch macrumors member

clovehitch

I see that now. Maybe a 6th gen + iPod touch then...:rolleyes:

16. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Possible, but I doubt they'd waste time announcing it. At this point, it's the type of product that just gets the refresh treatment. Unless of course they overhaul it in some significant way.

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I agree that the Mini is the perfect tablet size!

18. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I agree, I really like the size of the iPad Mini. However, I don't think a new one will be announced until October.

19. TheKevinFang macrumors member

Ha.