My Switcheasy Nude iPad Case Review [HQ Pics]

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by skafia, May 5, 2010.

1. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I've had this case for a few days and I love this case! I had the Apple case before and I didn't like how it hid the whole iPad and I didn't get to see the sexy device I was using all of the time. It also collected a lot of gunk on the screen edges and the volume/screen lock buttons were hard to access.

The Switcheasy case is super thin, has good grip, and the Nude version is really clear and hopefully it is scratch resistant because other plastic clear cases I've had got all scratched up and ugly.

The only thing I miss about the Apple case is how you can prop it up to type, the stand for the Switcheasy case holds well on a flat surface, but you can't use it to tilt the iPad to type, just watch movies. So now I have to figure out how to make my own custom "typing stand".

I don't know if it's just me but the screen protector that came with it is peeling up on the tops and bottoms, anyone else experience this? I also like the little plastic inserts for the headphone jack and dock connector too.

I've had bad experiences with plastic cases scratching up the backs of the iPhones/iPods because it is hard and dust collects between the case and iPhone so I cut up the little rubber scratch protector that came with the packaging into little squares and placed them in the corners and middle, hopefully it will not scratch.

All in all, for $30 I think this case is a great value and if it holds up to the scratch resistance claim, then it is the best in my opinion.

Also, a note to Switcheasy (and other case manufacturers), please don't label the packaging with the word iPad on it because my package was opened and "re-taped" with what I think was the assumption that there was an iPad inside!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Photos Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kissavie/sets/72157624000166470/

2. nden macrumors member

Nice Photos

What are those at the 4 corners? some kind of tape?

3. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

It was a protective cover that came on the back of the case to prevent it from scratches I guess, it's sticky and stretchy like window sticker clingons, I just cut it up into small squares.

4. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Surely by placing those spacers behind the case, you're actually introducing more of a gap and increasing the risk of dust collection and scratches?

Plus it spoils the look somewhat ;)

5. bcs732 macrumors member