My T-Mobile iPhone 5 isn't receiving sms texts from android phones, how do I fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swagged, May 17, 2014.

1. Swagged macrumors regular

I've already reseted network settings, to no avail. I'm in a group sms chat with another (Sprint) iphone user and a (Verizon) android user, and I receive the iphone users texts perfectly fine, but only receive some, if any, of the android users texts, but both the other iphone and android users gets all of my sent texts, so it's just me...how do I fix this????!!!

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Did you try calling t-mobile about this issue?

3. Swagged thread starter macrumors regular

No.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Try doing so maybe they have a provision wrong on your account. It seems like you did everything else on the device end. If calling them does not help, it might have something to do with your friends carriers or phones and thats out of your control.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Is it just the group chat SMS or is it that you can't receive SMS from any Android users?

If it's just in that specific group chat then it might be because of the Android phone. Android doesn't natively support group SMS and even the third party apps that do sometimes don't work properly.

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Since this MR, how about asking your friends to switch to an iPhone?? :cool: