My T-Mobile & iPhone Hell

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jophster, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Jophster macrumors member

Hi
    I have a Blackra1n jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G.
    I have just finished my contract with 3UK and moved over to T-Mobile.

When I first turn on my phone, turn 3G on/off or activate/deactivate flight mode, I often get very good 3G signal for a good few minutes.
    However, after a while, I fall down to GPRS for no reason at all, my 3G signal was fine so I don't understand why it does this.

Any ideas?

N.B T-Mobile UK use compatible bandwidths for 3G unlike T-Mobile America.

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

reset network settings? Also, I heard that once your contract is up, u can call ur service provider in the UK to unlock the phone for u. I am not really sure about this.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Also install blacksnow RC2 thru cydia to see if that fixes those issues.

4. Jophster thread starter macrumors member

Update

Hi both,
    Thanks for your advice...
    Sadly, I have taken most of the steps you have advised.

I have done an entire full reset and it still has not resolved the problem and I was wondering if it had more to do with settings rather than a fault considering, I wiped my entire device.

Hope you can help!
    Thanks!
    Joseph.

5. Jophster thread starter macrumors member

Outcome

So,
    After 3 resets and a ton of work, I simply discovered that the signal is just crappy.

Oddly, my Nokia E51 picks up 3G fine and so does my iPhone for a short while, but it simply knocks back down to GPRS after a few minutes because T-Mobiles signal is so patchy.
    I am just unlucky I guess!

However, with the new Orange & T-Mobile merger within 18 months, it can only get better right?!

Thanks anyway!
    joseph.