My T-Mobile iPhone should be arriving on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cameronjpu, Sep 12, 2014.

1. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

Now I get to spend the next seven days determining whether I can actually open the box.

I bought the phone through Apple, not through the carrier website, and I paid full price of $750 for it. It was listed on Apple's site as no contract, and definitely was not listed as unlocked.

I am an AT&T customer, and my contract is not yet fulfilled and I plan to stay an AT&T customer. So if that makes this question very easy. Will i be able to take my AT&T Sim card out of my 5S and use it in the six?

2. entlassen macrumors member

3. illutionz macrumors 65816

See my response on your other thread. Take out the Tmobile sim, restore it, it'll say it's unlocked and then just pop in the AT&T sim you have

4. benguild macrumors 6502a

He said he has a 5S, and therefore he doesn't have a "micro" SIM. Therefore, he can just swap his nano SIM from the 5S into the 6.

5. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Both the 5s and 6 use nano sims though.

Yes you can open the box. It will work. If it doesn't... Return it.

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

Yes but the OP is wondering if the 6 purchased contract free from apple website will be unlocked.

7. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

Ordered via T-Mobile as well - just remove the sim and replace with ATT sim. If for some odd reason it is carrier locked to T-Mobile when it arrives, I will just return and wait for the unlocked version...though this should be a non-issue.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It should be. Only the T-Mobile phones bought on EIP have a semi-lock to them.

----------

Or since it is paid in full call T-Mobile and have them unlock it.

9. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Lol yes, that's true, but you are the first one to mention micro versus nano, so you have me wondering why you think I was worried about that? ;-)

----------

That would be awesome. Thanks for the feedback, it would be so painful to have to return the phone on opened after being lucky enough to receive it on day one :)

10. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback - not sure why I didnt think of that...

11. entlassen macrumors member

The first guy who replied to your post was talking about it. He deleted his post. Everyone who was talking about micro/nano was responding to him. Maybe you didn't see his post before he deleted it.

12. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Gotcha, that must be it. So confusing. Now I see that the second post is a response to a post that is no longer there. I thought MR only let you edit, not totally remove posts.