My take on my new rMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kaplanreject, Jul 7, 2015.

1. kaplanreject macrumors member

1.2/512 Model

Space Gray

Still tooling around with it, just got it yesterday. Its not a primary computer, more so just a toy/entertainment/backup to my 1st gen 2.7/16/768 rMBP.

Honestly I love everything about it. I was worried about the keyboard after seeing so many threads about key sticking issues. No worries yet, hopefully none arise.

The size is perfect, the screen is perfect. This is what the Air should have been all along. I have had an 11" Air before, and liked it, but the rMB is, in my opinion, better in every way. The single USB C port, while I was torn at first, actually doesn't seem like a bad thing. This is not my primary work computer, so Im not using many peripherals with it.

If I have found one fault with it, it is this; the USB C as a charging port. Not that I take issue with it not being MagSafe, or a single port, its that it has no indicator light showing the charge status. A minor inconvenience at most.

2. facrat macrumors member

3. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Thanks for your thoughts! I was in an Apple store earlier today for some iPhone repairs, and wandered past the MacBook table on my way out. Wow, was I impressed! I actually can't believe how tiny that thing is...

And don't even get me started on the magic trackpad...

When my 2010MBP finally kicks the buckets, I know where i'll find my next computer! Hopefully they smarten up and add another port in the interim.