My theory on why MacBook Pro so Expensive 13Billion in taxes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheRealAlex, Oct 30, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

My theory as to why Apple Products will Only get More and More outrageously expensive.

If anyone follows the news Apple owes 13 Billion Dollars in Taxes in Europe and they will not just Write a Check for that.

So we end up paying $169 for a Smart Keyboard Or $150 for Bluetooth Headphones EarPods

Or $2,800 for a 15 MacBook Pro

That's the reason why. For $2,800 I can buy an Amazing Gaming Laptop on CyberpowerPc.com and still have enough left over to buy you a iPad Pro 9.7

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Yes but the US government did not waste any time making up the loss based on their claim that this should be paid in the US and nor Ireland. They just slapped a fine of 14 Billion on Deutsche bank.

3. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Not at all.

It's not greed, it's not taxes, it's not Tim Cook going mad; or any of the other absurd and bizarre theories that keep randomly popping up here. It's just basic economics. They set the price as high as they believe they can get away with. That's not an Apple things. It's what virtually all profit driven organizations do.

Dell. Microsoft. Apple. All are in the business of making money, and as much of it as possible. All use computer hardware as a part of that strategy.