My Theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott437, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Scott437 macrumors newbie

Apple will stabilize the Iphone with a series of updates and then once this is done they will release an update with new features and charge us all for it. :eek: Thoughts?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't see it happening. So far, Apple has not charged iPhone users for any updates, so I doubt they will to fix bugs and and new features. They added a bunch in the 2.0 update and didn't charge.

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

my theory is that the update isnt coming out till friday because we need the rest of the week for our phones to do a pre update backup :)

4. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

not really too sure. this firmware was rumored to have a lot of GPS updates, and possibly a turn-by-turn navigation.

then again, it might in 2.1 and just not mentioned. note: steve jobs never said, "oh, one more thing..."

m

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Not a chance.

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

This Keynote wasn't about the iPhone it was about iPods obviously he isn't going to talk about new iPhone things in an iPod speech.

7. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Steve has made it pretty clear that iPhone updates will be free as far as software goes, as the iPhone was subscription based. At least that was the case when there was revenue sharing with carriers. Maybe now that this isn't the case they can call in some weird accounting law and say they are forced to charge us. LOL

8. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Have they charged anyone for an iPhone update, ever?

9. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

10. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

I think they need to get their activation servers ready for the deluge of activations they'll get Friday when the firmware gets updated. That, and by doing it on a Friday (probably not releasing it until 3 eastern/noon pacific) they don't have to worry about bricking people's work phones during the work week.