My third rMBP.... Now with LG display!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ilivelife, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ilivelife macrumors member

Hi guys,

I have been so unlucky.
    My first rMBP was faulty (it made clicking sounds on the right side).

The next one I got was also faulty. The left side, just under the screen, was damaged.

Now I got my third. The display on the past 2 rMBP was Samsung and was really great. So the display I got now is LG (I just checked). To be honest I am tired of returning and restoring my system from Time Machine. This time I would like to check every-**********-thing to be sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with this one.

Can someone guide/help me to run image-burn test and ghosting test? Or any other LG-error test?

I am going to use the retina display for graphic design when Adobe someday will bless us with retina patch. So it is important to me that the display is absolutely as great as it should be. For now I use 27" External display.

This one scores 11k in Geekbench and is a bit more quite than the past 2.

2. iDabble macrumors regular

3. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Right there, on the forum's first page: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1422669

It would have been faster to do a search (or at least look at the threads on the first page) than creating this thread.

I swear, if everyone posted to relevant existing threads, the number of threads here would be like 50x smaller.

4. LeeM macrumors 6502a

does it mater what display it is? does it look the same as your last 2?

5. ilivelife thread starter macrumors member