My thoughts on how Apple should have moved to remove the jack; thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by audirs5, Sep 11, 2016.

1. audirs5 macrumors 6502

I strongly feel Apple dropped the ball with this one.. Plain and simple. I'm getting a new iPhone 7 because it's free and because truthfully, no iPhone performs well after 2 cycles. Period.

Apple should have:

Started shipping iPhones with lighting adapted headphones since at least the iPhone 6s. I'm even OK saying they should have started doing it since the 6. Giving the world a full 1-2 years to start buying and getting used to having a headphone that is now proprietary. (Which, thanks apple. Now I buy an expensive set of buds, and if its a lighting port, I'm ****ed. Cool).

As well, they should have started talking more and more.. But for them to just drop it overnight, is a big no no.. Yes they will sell millons, but I want to point something out.

I bought 3 iPhone 7s ONE HOUR after pre-release, and all 3 have a shipping date of the 16th. NEVER in iPhones history has this been possible. And I bought, what I consider is one of the most common configurations. It's ok to ruffle feathers when you want to move forward, but Apple dropped it on this one.

And not having a unified port across the industry is something that the government should get involved with. I get it, you want your own eco-system. But now you're just being capitalist pigs.

/rant

2. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

This is the first time I have not been able to get an iPhone on release date personally.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2016 ---
    Really lol?

It's not that deep lol