My touch baffles the Apple tech guys!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stang68, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Hey guys and gals,

I have a question for you: How long does it usually take for Apple to get a replacement item to you? My touch got to them today so I am expecting it by Friday. It was so weird, I had a week 38 with a perfect screen, and then the 1.1.1 update came out and made the blacks on my screen and messed up! I sent an email to sjobs@mac.com or whatever it is and I got a phone call from Steve! No, im kidding, but I did get a phone call from Apple, which was kind of weird. I talked with the guy for like 30 mins and he told me that the guys in the tech dept really wanted to tear my ipod touch open! :eek: He said that they hadnt heard of ANYTHING like this. So, I shipped my touch to them and they are giving me a brand new one.

Any people who had to send theirs in...how long did it take to get the new one sent to you?

Thanks!

2. Sir. Cheesecake macrumors member

Very fast.
    My video ipod took less then a week from request for repair till i got a new one.
    Assuming it was dhl, expect it by Friday at the latest.

3. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

well, he said Fed Ex overnight, so maybe tomorrow (thurs)

4. California King macrumors 65816

It's pretty nice of them to pay for overnight shipping there and back. Overnight shipping isn't cheap...

5. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

yea, but I paid $400 for a product that should work. They are handling it the best possible way, though. Kudos to Apple. :apple:

6. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

I have been waiting since Sept. 22 for my replacement...still hasn't shipped yet. They keep telling me it's limited supply, and basically the same as ordering online (7-10 day wait).

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

That's becuase the firmware changes the way "blacks" are displayed on messed up screens which makes them display them a little better.

The upgrade must have thought you have a bad screen and changed the way blacks look on your screen to mess things up...

8. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

hmm weird . i ordered mine last friday and it arrives 2moz :D ... 7 days for it to get built and get here :D

9. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

the reason they're rushing you out a new one is not to be nice...but to get yours quicker so as to learn what is wrong with it...not about helping you i'm afraid:p

10. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

but why would they overnight the new to one to me? I understand the overnight to THEM but they also are sending it overnight to ME which means they ARE helping me.