My touch is not charging!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 09vdubgti, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 09vdubgti macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Well I bought my Macbook pro and received the touch for free. Now to the point the other day I wanted to charge my touch and well I connected it to my mac which was low on battery it was like on 35% and I plug it in and I get this warning sign come up. It said that it wasnt going to let me charge it because my battery was to low. Fair enough so I charge me mac to 99% and connect it again but this time nothing happened my touch didnt charge or my itunes come up. So then I tried a usb wallpaper and nothing. I have no idea on what to do. Its not jail broken or anything its completely just the way I received it the same day I got it.

Could this be a common issue? Can I have Apple replace it for free?

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

How long did you leave it plugged into your Mac? If the iPod battery was really drained, it takes a while for it to get charged up again. I would leave it connected for an hour or so and see what happens.

If you have a separate USB charger, you might try that also. Sometimes those deliver more power than your Mac does.

If all else fails, take it back to the Apple store and have them look at it. If it is still under warranty they will replace it if necessary...

3. 09vdubgti thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea the battery was done on the touch, i had it plugged for a while. I tried the usb wall adapter for like hours and still nothing. Well I got the touch back in late August so I should still be good. Thanks for your input.

4. giffut macrumors 6502

You ...

... may want to check your iPods dock connector. There is a slight chance that there is a bend or broken pin in there - just in case.

5. cmor2125 macrumors newbie

Same

I have had the same issue but it has stopped for me. I do not know what i did differently. Is your iPod jailbroken? Because mine is and I figured that it was just slow to respond.

6. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Nice job bumping a thread from the beginning of last year. ^