My Touch is shocking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by inogenius, Jun 11, 2009.

1. inogenius macrumors newbie

Fail at the witty title.

Today I believe my iPod Touch has developed a short in it. While charging my 16 GB v1 iPod Touch, I'm being shocked like crazy. It's a persistent shock too, not a static electricity shock like the one Apple just issue the warning about.

I've confirmed that the charging cable is firmly in the charging port and I don't see anything that would cause any other issues. It's not a strong shock, but it's certainly enough to be uncomfortable.

The iPod does not shock me when it is not charging. It only seems to happen when it's charging. Besides putting electrical tape all over the back of my iPod, does anyone have any suggestions? Do you think Apple would take it replace (and I don't mean for a fee)?

2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I would wait for few days to see if the problem persist, if it does, then i think they should replace it.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you can replicate it, i'd imagine the Genius you shock would likely swap it out without hassle.(though might want to get a second opinion to inflict it on a friend first!).

4. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

I had the same issues. I took to store and it would not do it. I removed charger from surge protector and it was ok. The surge protector was bad.

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Shocking when plugged into a stand alone charger or your USB port - or both?

6. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

well it was both cause my iMac was in same surge protector.

7. masterell macrumors regular

my iphone does that now..it's never been enough of a problem though for me to swap it..

I dont even think i could get it to replicate anyway...

8. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

9. inogenius thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually don't have a stand alone charger. Just the USB port.

10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

11. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I have the same iPod touch as you and I have never had that problem. I would take it to the Apple Store ASAP.