My transition :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by OpenAreas, Sep 26, 2009.

1. OpenAreas macrumors newbie

I've used the iMacs a lot in college previously and i've been using windows vista and high end desktop PC to do all my photography, graphic and web development work.

Just recently windows has been doing my nut in that much it's beyond belief with silly errors and faults.

So i brought a 13" 2.53ghz 4gb ram 250gb HD macbook pro and should be here tuesday.

Hope it impresses and been told will be great for my work :)
    Couple of questions, is bootcamp in snow leopard good for if i want to run a windows program for a short period of time?

How easy would dual booting be, i.e Snow leopard and Windows 7?

Last question is about the iPhone, is it worth getting on contract (o2 united kingdom) as there are a lot better deals for different phones, are the iphones are it? I've heard good things about the 3GS.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. I would use Parallels, Fusion or VirtualBox instead because then you don't have to reboot.

2. Very easy, just hold down option key while booting so you can choose which OS to boot

3. IMO yes, but it's opinion question

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

:eek:

4. OpenAreas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help

I got VMWare Fusion for linux distros i like to use. Backtrack4 being the main one. I then got windows 7 on bootcamp and it works great.

Decided not to get the iPhone yet, but got an iPod Touch 8GB 2nd Gen instead. Will get the iPhone when deals are better.