My translation widget is not working

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Ryan700, Jul 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ryan700 macrumors member

Ryan700

I noticed that a few days ago when I typed something into my translation widget I get a message that "data unavailable'. I check today on my other computer and get the same message. I tried one of the plist deletion methods and it did create a new one but still the same. I checked other widgets and it seems like any widget that needs to pull information from the internet (a server maybe) stopped working. Is this an Apple thing where they try to make you fix things with an upgrade? Has anybody got this thing to work?
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 7.00.47 PM.jpg

2. maxglitz macrumors newbie

maxglitz

--- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2017 ---
    I'm chiming in with the same problem, July 2017. I've deleted the translation widget and reinstalled. No luck.

3. Pierlau, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017

Pierlau macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem on Sierra 10.12.5. I recently updated from Mavericks to Sierra, machine: Mac mini (2012-2013).

4. Ryan700 thread starter macrumors member

Ryan700

Sorry for not getting back to this thread but what happened was I got 2 answers from Systran. The first was saying that Apple may have let their subscription lapse which I figured, well that's that. Then out of the blue I get a messenger message from someone else at Systran saying that it should be back up and running. Which it is. So, for those who deleted it, you can install it again.

5. Pierlau macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    OK! Thank you very much, indeed it is now working again.
    Best regards,