My Trash Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mcolon85, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mcolon85 macrumors newbie

Good morning, I am really new to Mac ( just got my macpro last week) and I have been changing icons succesfully. I don't know how it happened exactly, but my trash icon located in the dock is not there anymore. I can still open it, and if I put my mouse over it it says ''trash'', but somehow the icon is not there. Can somebody help me with this? I would really appreciate it.

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

It sounds to me as though the Trash icons have been deleted. Go to:

Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > right click CoreTypes.bundle, select Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources

This folder will show all your system icons. Look for the icons titled FullTrashIcon.icns and TrashIcon.icns

If they're not there, just find a copy online or something and drag them to that folder with those file names and extensions. If they are there but for some strange reason aren't working, you can download a program called LiteIcon that will let you change your Trash icon.

3. Horst Guest

Try on your own risk: open trash, get info (cmd-i), click the upper left icon window to highlight, then hit delete , might have to restart the Finder.

That should reset the icon to the original one.