Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Well, I just got back from CA, bla bla bla, it was fun, golden gate bridge, yada yada yada, but we all know that I care more about Apple stores than touristy stuff.

iSaint bugged me in a private message to make a KT's trip to HQ thread, so here it is! since I don't have web space of my own... I get to ImageShack them.
Wooee that'll be fun and not tedius at all.. :rolleyes:

OO! I found a widget to do it for me! YESSSS!

anywhoo, here goes! I'll probably get to split it up, so I don't kill the "too many images in one post" thingiee.

I was really excited to go.
Really, really excited.
Like. Really.

The company store. I spent $98... hahaha

Where we parked.. Mundane to most people, but to other MacHeads, it's an AWESOME sign. :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

Me and my PowerBook! Eee! PowerBook! Apple HQ! *smiling like an idiot*

And again, but with 1 Infinite Loop more easily seeable in the background.
(I can't form sentences; Grammar is for losers.)

Flags. USA, Cali, and Apple.

they let me go into the building to use the rest room.
OK, I didn't really need to, but I wanted to go inside. MUAHAH! I went inside SO GOOD! It was soooo coooooooool.. they had free ..erm, how to put this so men don't freak out.. lady-products!

D116: A star is born. I wanna know what this room is for! Each 30" had TWO PowerMacs attached!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

I'm so good at taking covert pictures. YEA!
(I'm waiting for apple legal to like.. email threats demanding this and the other be taken down. I'll give it a few hours. haha)

I dunno why, but this recycling can really struck a chord with me. I guess I'm just weird.
I think it reflects the whole Culture there. Recycling, car pooling, biking there.. :)

The sign was so cool.. pixelated.. Groovy...

And the men's room.

I'm such a sign-nerd.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
katie ta achoo said:

D116: A star is born. I wanna know what this room is for! Each 30" had TWO PowerMacs attached!

Isn't that how they make Macs? Leave two in a room with some dim lighting and maybe a pretty ornament (30 inch screen anyone?) and voila! A mini is born. :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

Courtyard. You can't see it, but to the right, people were playing volleyball! Just.. in the middle of the day! ...and not working! IT WAS SO COOL!

The cafeteria of love... I must go! I wanted to just BUST through the glass and get a big, fat honkin' veggie burger!!

I guess they knew how much I wanted to go in, hahaha.

Oh man.. I hope to one day be a collector of OSes... I thought this was sO FREAKING COOL!
I'm such a loser.

I'm such a dumb punk. BUT! I had my PB and I was at Apple HQ, so it was all good!

2 Infinite loop....

Three

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

Four!

Five!

Six. :( all done.

Obligatory sign shot

**EDIT** Wait! that's not my wall paper.. but it is a nice sign!!

Awesome License plate, man!! :) :)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
katie ta achoo said:

I like your expression in this picture - really looks like your enjoying the sights of 1 Infinite Loop :) (just seems like you have that "awww" look ;))

Did you go to any other Apple Stores in the Bay Area (if so which ones)? Ever make it to L.A.?

Thanks for posting the pictures.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

Hugging the sign.
"Thanks for the free PowerBook, y'all!!"

Shot of the 1 Infinite Loop. Such a pretty building!

The company store guy gave me TEN sheets of stickers! I lost one of them through airport security. I hope TSA agent is liking his stickers!! :mad:

And Intel.. Had to check out the new chip manufacturer, haha.

And Google, everyone's favorite answer to life. (Come on, admit it! YOU GOOGLE EVERYTHING!!)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

Apple Store Stanford Shopping Center. I met a pretty cool clerk there.

Apple Store ..somewhere on 20th Ave, SF.

All Glass Staircase, SF store 1 Stockton.

SF Apple store. I really like this one because my nephew is named Ellis, and I'm trying to get him to be an Apple User. (yea.. he's only two, but he knows the difference between an iBook and a PowerBook!)

and I'm also really, really cool. Look at that pose. I'm awesome. Totally.

THE END. Sorry I made such a huge thread! :D :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
mad jew said:
Isn't that how they make Macs? Leave two in a room with some dim lighting and maybe a pretty ornament (30 inch screen anyone?) and voila! A mini is born.

Ahahahhaha!
*catches breath*
HAAHAHHAHAA! DUDE! I love you more and more with every post you write!! :) :)

tech4all said:
I like your expression in this picture - really looks like your enjoying the sights of 1 Infinite Loop (just seems like you have that "awww" look )

Did you go to any other Apple Stores in the Bay Area (if so which ones)? Ever make it to L.A.?

Thanks for posting the pictures.
I never got to LA apple store :(. My dad was Apple store-ed out. I could have gone on forever! Hahaha.
I think the "aww" pic was taken RIGHT after I was yelling out the window to an employee, "SORRY! I'M SO SORRY, MAN! REALLY! I'M SO REALLY SORRY."
He was walking around infinite loop, like he does.. because he works there and can..
So, he sees me taking a pic, and he starts running, to get out of the picture. The whole time, I'm hanging out the window, yelling "I'm soo sorry!!" and he's just laughing at how silly the situation is.

It was so cool.. I talked to an employee at HQ!

I also saw an employee in the company store.. EATING AN APPLE!!! It was so cool.. and it was cosmic.. eating an apple at Apple.. It was hard to wrap my mind around that one!
(And the fact that the dual 2.7 PowerMac only had 512 Megs of ram. Seriously!)

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
katie ta achoo said:

Awesome License plate, man!! :) :)

I have a similar car! Its the E320 CDi diesel version though. I just check the CT DMV Vanity plate website where you can see what vanity plates are taken and itms, ipod, and ibook aren't taken. Hmm....

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
katie ta achoo said:

And Intel.. Had to check out the new chip manufacturer, haha.

Although I should know this, what city was that in? I know the headquarters is in Santa Clara, at least I think it is. But they have offices all over the place.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
tech4all said:
Although I should know this, what city was that in? I know the headquarters is in Santa Clara, at least I think it is. But they have offices all over the place.

Yeah, in Santa Clara. It was something-something Mission College, I think.

XIII said:
Nice pictures. :) You look very excited in all of them....:D
:D I was. I was visiting my future workplace.. *fingers crossed* hahaha.

/I wanna be CFO or other financial thingiee
//if that doesn't work, I learn to program
///Haxxorz!!!
////Supply and demand!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:
So what did you spend your $98 on?! Pics of your goods? :D

Haha! Will do!

I wore this shirt to the Apple store today. When one of the clerks noticed it (he had to have it pointed out to him by another clerk! what a punk!) he was really curious as to why I got to go to Cupertino and he didn't. When he asked how it was, I grabbed him by the shoulders, shook him (well, tried to. I have NO upper body strength) and told him it was amazing.
IT WAS AMAZING! Cupertino!
:p

Got this for my brother. $7.99 after WWDC 2005. I tried to explain what "compile" meant, but he kind of drifted off... haha
They only had it in XL and XXXL. :( I wanted one, too.

Luggage tag.. that'll never be on luggage because I don't want the TSA to have any more of my apple swag! I'm going to use it as an annoying, over-sized key-ring.

Pen, Pencil (12 for like.. $4. Yea!) and a notebook. I'm gonna take my apple cert notes in it. THEY HAD METAL NOTEBOOKS AND THEY WERE SO AWESOME, but I didn't even want to TRY to get it through airport security.

And I didn't take a pic, but I got a sweet, sweet hoodie. I can't wait until it's cold!!

Everything they sell is HUGE! I'm not usually a small, but the t-shirt and hoodie, I both had to get smalls! (Good grammar is for smart kids! bah!)

My dad almost got a Mac Mini...
Almost is not close enough!!
He was looking at it and marveling at "wow.. a $499 computer can do ALL THIS?"

He says that once the windows machine dies, we can get a Mac Mini...

So, I'm getting a very strong magnet... MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! No longer will I be IT admin for TWO OSes!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
katie ta achoo said:

SF Apple store. I really like this one because my nephew is named Ellis, and I'm trying to get him to be an Apple User. (yea.. he's only two, but he knows the difference between an iBook and a PowerBook!)

Sorry I just noticed this but did your purposely angle the photo to have the street sign eclipse the Apple logo? Or was that just an accident?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
tech4all said:
Sorry I just noticed this but did your purposely angle the photo to have the street sign eclipse the Apple logo? Or was that just an accident?

Well, I took one, and it looked cool, it was a happy accident, but then I took that one and lined it up how I wanted it.

So umm. an accidental purpose-filled angle? :p

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ok, here are my shirts, and my mousepad from Cupertino, + an iMac G5 board I got inside Cupertino for some reason. :p

Next two to come..

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Dude, your shirts are more rockin' than my shirts!

*grumble* Why didn't I go to the london store opening? :mad:

oh yeah.. because when it opened, I had no passport and no money.. *shrug*

:D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very nice pictures katie ta achoo. No doubt about your enthusiasm. It's very infective. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It was very nice of Apple letting you use there restroom. Were the feminine hygiene products free?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.