My trouble with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the1payday, Apr 12, 2008.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I need some help if someone can help me out. This is a problem that mainly bugs me when I need to upload pictures on to the internet. Is there a way to browse to the specific folder that the picture is stored in? The closest I can get to is the actual "iPhoto Library" but I can't actually look at the pictures unless I'm actually in iPhoto. This usually results in me having to open iPhoto, save the actual picture somewhere else like the Desktop, and then browsing to the Desktop for the photo when I need to upload it online. Does anyone know of a way to just browse to the actual photo within the iPhoto library? Thanks.

2. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Yes, there is. I am not sure if it works in tiger but, in Leopard when you are asked to choose a file you can choose photos under the media tab and that will open your iPhoto library.

3. quest4apple macrumors member

I believe the Media browser the1payday mentioned is new in Leopard. If you are using something else, how about opening iPhoto and selecting "Show File", which will take you right to the file within the iPhoto Library.

If you don't want to open iPhoto, you can right click on your iPhoto Library and select "Show Package Contents."

Be warned, however, that, it is possible to mess up the iPhoto Library if you don't know what you are doing in the Package.

There are also iPhoto plugins available for uploading to a variety of sights. For example, with FLKR and a few others, you can use the Export function to upload the image right out of iPhoto. Is there one sight in particular or do you upload to several?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

You seem t have figured it out. Yes you can get the the file in Finder but DON"T. Use the export function to export to the desktop (or where ever.) If you go in with Finder you are going to have to know a lot about what you are doing not to grab either an un-edited origanl file or a smaller sized "preview". Also once you collect a few thousand or a few tens of tousands of photos simply findng the correct one gets much harder so you will need iPhoto's organization abitlies.

You are best to continue doing as you have been doing.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Have you tried dragging right from iPhoto to the application you use to upload?

Yes, you still have to Launch iPhoto, but I would think that would be quicker than digging down through the folders...