My Try on Appointment

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Armen, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Here are some highlights from my try on appointment.

Sizes: Both cases are much smaller in person than they are in pics and videos. I think Apple should have made a 42mm and 48mm instead of the 38 and 42.

Bands:

The Link bracelet is disappointing. It doesn't have a lot of weight behind it kind of leaving a "cheap" feel to it although the metal looks good.

The Sport band looks great. Especially the white one (to my surprise)

The Milanese Loop - The magnet on this loop has more mass than the loop itself. Very strong hold, comfortable to wear.

All in all I I got the impression that none of the bands were really designed for the watch and that they were temporary replacements for the original "missing" band until you got a new one.

The Crown I was pleasantly surprised by the crown. I thought it would be clicky or notchy but it feels like a real watch crown. When you turn it you feel enough resistance indicating you are turning it.

The Watch OS I had no trouble navigating around the OS as I had seen demo videos before. I even had to show a few employees where the heart rate monitor was.

The UI is a bit laggy in some spots. The solid stop you feel when you swipe from one page of your iphone to another on the homescreen isn't quite there on the watch. It lingers between pages and doesn't quite lock into place. Some pages don't load right away like on the health app break down.I'm sure a software update would fix this.

With that said my order for the 42mm SS w/ Milanese Loop will stand. April 24 can't come fast enough. I'm tired of my Pebble.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I disagree. The 42mm is too big for most women and many men. Apple was right to make the 38mm. Expect to see others follow. As for the link band, I found it fairly heavy. Granted, I'm used to leather straps.

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

What measurement are you using to define "big". Where should the top and bottom of the watch reach on your wrist?

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Historically, 38mm was a men's watch size, while women's watches were 32-35mm or even smaller. Granted, for the past decade or so Swiss watch makers have been on a "big" kick. However, I think that a watch should lie in the middle of your wrist and not cover it entirely.

5. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

My Omega Planet Ocean watch is 42mm so that's the size I'm used to. My Pebble watch is also around that size.