Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
So over the past three weeks of Christmas vacation I have been learning about and working on creating a sleek and stealthy TV-B-Gone from the kit. For those of you who dont know what a TV-B-Gone is, it is a small electronic unit that emits multiple POWER codes for numerous TV's through infrared LEDs. It makes for great fun and "harmless" entertainment. Haha. So for those of you who are interested, here is my completed attempt at a custom enclosed Tv-B-Gone:

Attachments

• amnb.jpg
    amnb.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 111
  • nbbb.jpg
    nbbb.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 75
  • hhh.jpg
    hhh.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 77

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
cool little creation.... made me remember how hard I laughed when I read this and watched the video...

http://gizmodo.com/343348/confessions-the-meanest-thing-gizmodo-did-at-ces

make sure you keep us updated on the "fun"

The Gizmodo idea is exactly what got me started on this. Ive had the key chain TV-B-Gone for a while, but I was kind of disappointed with its range. You have to be within 25 feet and have a very clear line of sight. This one works nearly from wall to wall at Bestbuy. The chrome LED mounts really increased the range, along with there being four of them. Haha. Im waiting on a USB programer to come in the mail so I can add more codes onto the microchip.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
lmaooo i didn't fully understand this until i watched that video some one linked us to, that is a funny prank. everyone starting freaking out when the expensive TV's shut off slowly by one, then five, then a whole wall of them.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
ahahahah this is awesome. one time i was rewiring one of my bass guitars.. cept i made a little mistake. when i played the bass through my amp, my dad yelled "what the **** happened to the tv?!" apparently somehow it jammed the tv whenever i played.. hahaha kinda cool mistake

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Do you have a schematic for this? I'd like to try to make one...

I actually ordered the kit of off the tv-b-gone website, then just figured out how it could fit into the project box. Took a lot of time with the dremel tool and soldering iron, but it was fairly easy. Cost are $40 all together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.