My TV has been on a lot more since ATV4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shacky, Dec 27, 2015.

1. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

I am, perhaps, not the average user. One of the main things I wanted from ATV4 was a convenient way to play Pandora through my sound system. While I had other options, they were not quick and easy.

So to the point.. These days my tv screen is on most the day as I tell Siri to open Pandora. I click on the station I want to hear and then I tell Siri to open Fantastic Fireplace. I have music and the fire on almost all the time.

I have Hulu, CBS all access and other viewing options I use, but I am really enjoying the combination of Pandora and a fire.

Just thought a positive thread would be nice ;).

2. benjitek, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

My TV is on a lot more now as well, day & night. Post-ATV4, it now serves as the control center for audio and video. One beneficial function of my particular Samsung SmartTV is the ability to turn off the screen for audio-only while the rest of the TV remains on, reduces wear & tear on the screen...

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 12.42.37 PM.png

3. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I am with you on this. During the holidays I had my surround sound on day and night for parties and family over and loved the aerial screen savers while we listened to my AppleMusic playlist and radio.

Only thing is I wish they rotated the screen savers through all of them as the same 2 kept rotating. No biggie though.

4. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Where consoles and even my Airport Express falls short, the ATV4 supports WPA2 enterprise without a hitch, finally making all my wireless and connected dreams come true!

5. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I didn't realize that music and the fireplace noise could work at the same time. I'll have to try that! I assumed that the fireplace was a video loop and the audio, much like on every other iOS device, would cut out when one resource takes over the single audio stream. So I guess there are multiple streams now? I wonder if this will make it to the rest of iOS. Would be nice if a phone call didn't interrupt a video recording.