My TV shows keep disappearing...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OrangeCuse44, Dec 31, 2007.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Hey all, I have my touch set up to manually manage my music and videos. Each time I sync my touch with my Mac to update playcounts etc, my TV shows are wiped off my iPod. I have my video files stored on an external HD so I dont know if thats causing the problem or what. Any feedback is appreciated.

Edit: It seems the problem is that under the Summary Tab, the "Manually manage music and videos" option does not stay checked. So, at each sync, iTunes auto updates. Is there a way to make iTunes "remember" the manual update option?

2. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Mine did the same exact thing with the addition of everytime I synced my iPod touch, I had to re-register. Everytime. I restored it and it works fine now. If you don't mind losing all your stuff on your iPod and re-syncing it all back on, I suggest trying restoring it. It just might work.

3. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

well I do have quite a bit of apps on my touch that I'd rather not lose so I'm not sure I'm at the restoring stage yet. I do feel like this is an iTunes issue though...

4. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Restoring really isn't a big deal at all. It take like five minutes [tops] to actually restore it and than just re-sync it and leave it. If you want to jailbreak it again [if you already jailbroke it] than talk to this guy; Bowlerguy10

5. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I know restoring is simple. I just dont want to lose all the apps ive added and go thru the whole process again. I just dont think the problem is with my touch but rather iTunes remembering to manually update my ipod.