My Two Cent Theory as to Why the iPhone 5 Was Not Announced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajcadoo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

I think the execs at Apple had realized that the death of Steve Jobs was imminent during these last couple weeks and even months. Knowing this, they knew they were not going to release an iPhone 5, as his imminent death would steal the spotlight of their new, innovative product.

The iPhone 4S is a tribute 'for Steve' and I think the Apple team did not want to roll out a big shiny device so close to the death of their founder. The team decided against rolling out both the 4S and 5 on Tuesday for that reason. I have a feeling the 5 is actually ready to rock and roll, but the grave condition of Steve since his stepdown has caused Apple to rethink it's product release strategy.

That is why their was no iPhone release in the summer. The product was not quite ready and Steve Jobs was becoming more ill. Overall, Apple knew this was coming sometime during the second half of 2011 and an iPhone 5 release would be hushed by this horrific news. I predict, an iPhone 5 at WWDC2012 with plenty of supply due to the additional time that has been purchased.

Yeah the idea is weird, but just my two cents. RIP Steve Jobs, you will be greatly missed.

2. utekineir macrumors 6502

i have a two cent theory too

milking development life cycles maximizes profit.