Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmpagejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I unlocked my iphone yesterday using ibrickr. All of the features work, youtube, sms, internet, mail, and i can make calls. But for some reason I cannot receive them. When someone tries to call my phone is goes straight to voicemail? Anyone else have this problem? What do i do? Tmobile is my carrier.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
restore and try again? what method exactly did you use to unlock it? have you tried the GUI app by the dev team?

TommyTheone1984

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2007
Do you use a case with a magnetic flap or anything for your iphone? If so, that may be the cause... When I was using such a case, I would never be able to receive calls because it would ruin the signal but as soon as I would take it out, it would have a signal and I can make calls again... Also an error message would pop up: "Repair Needed - iPhone cannot make or receive calls...". Stop using the case and be sure to let me know what happens!

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Do you use a case with a magnetic flap or anything for your iphone? If so, that may be the cause... When I was using such a case, I would never be able to receive calls because it would ruin the signal but as soon as I would take it out, it would have a signal and I can make calls again... Also an error message would pop up: "Repair Needed - iPhone cannot make or receive calls...". Stop using the case and be sure to let me know what happens!

I have been using a case with magnets in it for about 2 months and have had no problem whatsoever. Is this a widley publized problem because I have never heard of it before.

ofirn76

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
how ? did you manage to solve that ?

I have the exact same problem-please help !

kurtj

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
This worked for me...

If you have your sim card installed and after the phone is unlocked, go to settings; phone; call forwarding. Enter your cell number as the call forwarding number. Click back to the previous screen and it will prompt you that it could not save call forwarding setting. Click dismiss. I also turned on the TTY setting and it now receives calls fine.

junster

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
My unlocked iPhone will not receive calls. What to do?

If you have your sim card installed and after the phone is unlocked, go to settings; phone; call forwarding. Enter your cell number as the call forwarding number. Click back to the previous screen and it will prompt you that it could not save call forwarding setting. Click dismiss. I also turned on the TTY setting and it now receives calls fine.

Hi, I have the same problem, after unlocking my iphone in China. I am in Japan and use Softbank card. However, I cant receive calls even thought i can make calls.

i followed the same steps and i was able to receive one call. after that I was not able to receive call and all calls go to the voicemail. I redo everything but it is still the same. Any suggestion?

abbasihj

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
I had the same problem on 3g ver 3.0 unlocked. Im in Pakistan and I was able to resolve it by turning off the push notifications in settings-> mails

try this, I just did that and its working fine now...lets hope it stays this way :)

chepiubella

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2009
cant receive phone calls or texts. go straight to voice mail.

I have iPhone 1G unlocked and jailbreak to v3.01. it used to work fine, but now i cant receive phone calls or texts. I thought it was a Vodafone provider issue, but it is not since the sim cards works with other phone. I can make calls, send texts, emails, the rest works fine.... the only problem is when someone calls me it goes straigh to the voice mail. it works on and off. I did what you suggested here, it did not work. Any other suggestion please. Thx!

I had the same problem on 3g ver 3.0 unlocked. Im in Pakistan and I was able to resolve it by turning off the push notifications in settings-> mails

try this, I just did that and its working fine now...lets hope it stays this way :)

chepiubella

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2009
Cant receive phone calls or texts. Phone calls go straight to voice mail. please help

How did you solve this? I have iPhone 1G unlocked and jailbreak to v3.01. it used to work fine, but now i cant receive phone calls or texts. I thought it was a Vodafone provider issue, but it is not since the sim cards works with other phone. I can make calls, send texts, emails, the rest works fine.... the only problem is when someone calls me it goes straigh to the voice mail. it works on and off. I did what you suggested here, it did not work. Any other suggestion please. Thx!

Hi, I have the same problem, after unlocking my iphone in China. I am in Japan and use Softbank card. However, I cant receive calls even thought i can make calls.

i followed the same steps and i was able to receive one call. after that I was not able to receive call and all calls go to the voicemail. I redo everything but it is still the same. Any suggestion?

chepiubella

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2009
what did you do? i have the same problem. Vodafone my carrier

what did you do? i have the same problem. Vodafone my carr

I unlocked my iphone yesterday using ibrickr. All of the features work, youtube, sms, internet, mail, and i can make calls. But for some reason I cannot receive them. When someone tries to call my phone is goes straight to voicemail? Anyone else have this problem? What do i do? Tmobile is my carrier.

michaelihindan

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
I cant receive calls with my unlocked iphone 3GS

I was told to mark the number key 2ice followed by 00 then the number key and then call (this will unlock call barring) I will then receive one call. Icant receive another call afterwards. I have tried all I have seen here but cant resolve my problem. what do I do?

affable

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2011
had the same prob but gone my activating..

To activate sim card enter

*148*1*#
it'll say

current handset:1 or 2
now enter the handset number with this code

*149*1*(handset number)1/2#
like mine was 2 so i entered
*149*1*2#

Good luck it worked for me...cheers:apple:

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
To activate sim card enter

*148*1*#
it'll say

current handset:1 or 2
now enter the handset number with this code

*149*1*(handset number)1/2#
like mine was 2 so i entered
*149*1*2#

Good luck it worked for me...cheers:apple:

Was you just join the forum to bring back this 4 years old thread? OP's phone is probably end up in garbage bin some where by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.