My usage and standby times the same?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fisher624, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Fisher624 macrumors regular

Ok, when I check my usage stats the usage time is exactly the same as my standby time. For example, right now both say 1 hour, 22 minutes, but I have probably only been using the phone for about 30 minutes. I noticed this today because I have been getting less than great battery performance since 4.1. So I ran the battery all the way down, fully charged it, and it is still saying both are the same. I also tried a reset, same story. Is there a setting I somehow changed? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

you didn't do anything wacky like set Auto-Lock to never or anything did you? Sorry for such a basic question but...some people these days :rolleyes:

3. Fisher624 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. It's set at 1 minute.

4. Leafs macrumors member

Hey I got this too. Check your apps running in your background. Whatsapp stayed running in the background. Closed it and it fixed. Also plants vs zombies does the same thing i think. Kinda stupid if you ask me

5. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

This happened to me once, I went to bed with 100% battery and woke up to 18%, usage and standby were both like 9 hrs. I restarted and closed all of my apps and it was fine, still not sure what the culprit was though.

6. Fisher624 thread starter macrumors regular

Went to bed last night at 96% woke up at 86%. And my usage is now 9 hours, six minutes. So no change; something is draining the battery, and usage stats are screwy.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

As leafs said, close your apps in the recent launch toolbar. If you are jailbroken then look at the list that is actually running under processes in SBSettings. It sounds like you have a buggy app that is still running in the background. It is probably just one, so you may have some trouble isolating it to which one it is.

8. Fisher624 thread starter macrumors regular

I reset network settings and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks.