My Verizon iPhone is coming from China!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tophat1, Feb 5, 2011.

1. tophat1 macrumors member

My order status was updated this morning and the phone has shipped from China via UPS

I originally placed my order from Verizon at 6 AM Thursday, but when I realized that Apple was selling it at retail price for $50 cheaper, I cancelled that order and placed it from Apple around noon on Thursday

Estimated delivery is Feb 8th by 10:30 AM

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Could you not have posted this in one of the other 37 threads concerning your iPhone? There are already many threads on whether it is or is not shipping, where from, how early, how late, etc.

4. iFitz macrumors regular

Lash hear during the AT&T preorder they all shipped from china and they all arrived two days after shipping. That is where they're made after all. Here's why Verizon's shipped from local distribution centers.

Last year all the phones shipped from China. Those that preordered direct with apple got their phone a day or two early. The AT&T preordered phones were shipped direct from china to AT&T and then AT&T shipped to the customer. So those people got their phones either on launch day or even later. It had a lot of people upset. So this year, they shipped most of Verizon's allotment direct to them prior to the preorder date so as to avoid this situation.

5. macuserjhs macrumors regular

That is not true, I pre ordered from att in junenand I got it the day before launch.

6. ali9686 macrumors member

ali9686

X2 :D

Expect the unexpected...

7. iFitz macrumors regular

Ok I should have said some.

8. JASApplications macrumors 65816