Carrier My Verizon LTE Disappeared

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1981d, Aug 5, 2014.

1. 1981d macrumors regular

I've had a 5s on VZW now for almost 11 months. Over that time, I've had LTE where I live/work 99% of the time. I've dropped to 3g a few times, but rarely, and almost never at home/work. But now, for about the last week to 10 days it seems, I've been on 3g, and I have not picked up LTE once. My wife's phone is doing the same thing. I live in North San Antonio, Tx. I haven't traveled extensively, but I've moved around about 10 miles in any direction over this period and it's been solid 3g everywhere we go. My wife gets LTE when she goes to the other side of town.

Anybody else experience something like this? I'm assuming it's some kind of service outage but it seems strange that it would go on this long.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. 1981d thread starter macrumors regular

Of course I.... Oh wait, I didn't try that.

That fixed it, thanks.

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

That's always my first step when troubleshooting problems. It usually fixes a lot of issues too.

5. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

You would be surprised how many issues get fixed by rebooting

6. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I had some weird things happen after I updated to iOS 7.1.2. For whatever reason, I think that update reverted my phone to a prior carrier version. I started noticing network instability, and the phone having trouble reconnecting after losing a signal. I checked my settings and found that the carrier version had reverted back. At that point, the dialog for the carrier update came up and after applying the update, the issues went away. Weird.