Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhumbaclave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
I dont know, I think I will need to see a wood carving of the event or it didn't happen, at the very least I will need to see a tapestry of the event. Show me one of those or its BS. :p

I don't blame everyones skepticism. I am a huge skeptic myself that is why I waited until my billing cycle rolled over to post. The reason I posted is so if anyone else is a few days into there new contract it would be worth a shot calling Customer Care. I would mention you could get unlimited elsewhere. BTW we have a total of 4 smart phones and 1 regular phone on our plan and have had the account for 10 plus years. So that might of helped but honestly it seemed way easy they way she just said "looks like I can still add it".

Again, I know some of you will not believe this but its true.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I was just poking fun at those guys saying they needed pics or its didnt happen.

Your cool with me, why would you lie.

thesheleys

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2008
I had something strange with my Verizon upgrade also. I had an 4S with no upgrade available and my wife had a 4 that was available to upgrade. We both had unlimited data. I ordered from the Apple site using my wife's phone and selected the 2GB plan.

After waiting a month to get the phone I called Verizon to activate the iPhone on my number. I never turned on the phone before calling Verizon so it was never activated on my wife's number.

When it was all said and done both lines still had Unlimited Data and I was never charged the $30 upgrade fee. My wife's contract was extended another two years and everything was setup right. I even called Verizon to verify and the Rep thought it was odd that I still had Unlimited on both lines but he just laughed and said it wasn't his problem. :)

LTSpenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
So i just upgraded to an iphone 5 and my data package still says it's unlimited. just wondering if anyone else has fallen through the cracks?

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
I work for a 40,000+ corp with special rates/discounts from Verizon and we are not being given options to keep our unlimited data....

Doesn't matter what size, it matters what is negotiated with your sales rep. We have a large contract and don't have the option but our sister company on a smaller contract negotiated it in. Depends on what the person negotiating wants available.

With AT&T we have unlimited plans and unlimited international plans available. Sister company doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.