My very odd question about using a Magic mouse with macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SoundMan, Oct 12, 2015.

1. SoundMan macrumors member

Hi,

So this will be a strange question, I work really well sitting on my couch and prior to buying a Macbook pro. I Used my windows laptop with the mouse right on the top panel. Now it did wear the plastic coating off, seeing I'm now using a macbook pro and not a cheap plastic computer I need to ask the pro's.

Has anyone used there magic mouse the same way.

Here's a picture to help show what i'm trying to explain, I can't wreck this computer and if my only solution is a mousepad then that's perfect.

[​IMG]

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You'll cause excessive wearing of the anodised coating

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Can't see the benefit over using the adjacent trackpad TBH...

4. austinpike macrumors 6502

I used to use my 17" MBP like that all the time, but that had a lot more surface area for mousing.

I'd think you could apply some sort of screen protector type film to the palmrest area. Maybe someone even make as product designed to cover it.

5. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Graphic design is really hard using the track pad.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I can't imagine it's easy using a mouse on that tiny bit the palm rest either.....

7. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Hmm I never thought of that, I was thinking a custom cut mouse pad. Now a screen protector would work fine too.

8. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

I'm guessing i'm the 1% LOL it was a 15" laptop, I sat there for hours with my headphones and did amazing projects.

9. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I do this occasionally but use the mouse on the arm of the sofa. Leaves the palm rest free for typing. I pretty much quit doing this when I got my iPad.

10. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Be easier with a proper graphics tablet tbh, and if you have to use a mousepad then you have the same space as a tablet would use. I use a wacom wireless. If you use the mouse on the palmrest, dirt will get between the mouse and palm rest and it <will> get scratched.